Time for this week's installment of Christie's Easy Peasy Weekly Recipes!
|Picture taken from Google images as an example|
Lemon Butter and Parmesan Baked Asparagus
- 2 bushels asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Rinse 2 bushels of asparagus.
- Trim the bottoms. You can cut them with a knife, but a better way is to snap the ends like you do green beans. Bend at the bottom like the picture below. This is so all the fibrous ends pop off and your yummy asparagus isn't ruined by tough ends.
- Place asparagus in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon over the asparagus. Line the top third of the asparagus with lemon slices from the other half of your lemon.
- Thinly slice 4 tbsp of butter and line the center of the asparagus with butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove asparagus from the oven and set oven to Broil.
- Sprinkle the center of the asparagus with Parmesan cheese and broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Wah-lah! Your done!
If you have a recipe you'd like to share comment below.
Let me know what you think!