Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Easy Peasy Weekly Recipe #5

(Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days, been having some vehicle issues and trying to prepare for the kids to start school which is beginning for one of the four tomorrow and the rest of them in a few weeks.)
 

It's Wednesday!

Time for this week's installment of Christie's Easy Peasy Weekly Recipes!
Want to make one of these at home? This is soooo dang easy!!!!

Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits!



Ingredients:
  • Vanilla Yogurt (I usually just pick up some of Publix's brand...cheaper and they have a fat free version)
  • Fruit of choice (I prefer just blueberries, but my kids like to add strawberries and bananas.)
  • Find a granola cereal...so much easier than toasting your own. Kellogg has a terrific one that has a bit of a sweet honey taste to it that is PERFECT!
  •  
     
Instructions:
 
All you need to do is layer the ingredients over and over again until you fill which ever container you choose to use. Start with the granola, then yogurt, then fruit of choice. I do like to end with granola on top myself ....Wah-lah! Your done!
 
I like to prepare this in a bowl on school mornings for the kids for a VERY healthy breakfast that is so very quick to make when we are in a rush.

If you have a recipe you'd like to share comment below.
 
Let me know what you think!




2 comments:

Julia P F said...

Love all the new Special K flavors! Found you on Wandering Wednesdays

Unknown said...

Looks yummy Kissy! I'll have 2 please!