Tuesday, July 17, 2012

School Time Prep!


Preparing for the new school year has taken charge in our household the last few days. One of my children starts school in just a few weeks time and the rest in about a month. I will have a 7th grader, a 6th grader, a Kindergartner and a Pre-Ker. My main concern as of yet is making sure I have the scheduling down. See, all 4 of my children will be in different schools. That means, 4 different orientations, 4 different drop off and pick ups and 4 different schedules in general.

I have started a Word Document Calendar that I have began to plug-in important dates that I have to attend with each of my children. The plan is to try to be more organized this school year and up-to-date with everything. I am very much a procrastinator, unorganized...on a whim mom so this is very challenging for me...but I will try.

I don't know about you, but it seems I make a New School Year Resolution every single year. This year along with trying to stay on top of things, I plan on volunteering more at their schools. This will be the first year that I will be able to do so since before the two younger children where born because all 4 children will be full-day students. The schools around here frown upon younger siblings coming with to help volunteer; so I have opted out because of lack of babysitters being available during the school day. All of my children love it when I am able to be at their schools to help...I don't know how long this will last with my older two children, but I plan on taking advantage of them liking it for now as long as I can.

I am extremely excited though, now it comes down to the dreaded scheduling, helping the two older children prepare some book reports they have due on the first day of school and school shopping. My kids all can't wait to get back to school, which is very refreshing. Maili my youngest even asks "School tomorrow Mommy?" every single night...lol

How do you keep up with the school scheduling of your kids and especially if you have multiple kiddlets?

Do you make a New School Year Resolution? If so what is it this year?
I would love to hear from you!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel for ya sister but I know your a super duper mommy and can make it all work. We always wait till the last minute to buy school supplies and uniforms. lol I'm horrible ....I know!